Stuffed Bell Peppers....wasn't sure what I would think.
BUT I was very impressed, these were so good! And easy!
Based off this recipe here. Here is the recipe for two...
Stuffed Bell Peppers
3 green bell peppers, cut tops off and remove seeds
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 lb ground beef (you could probably make 4-5 peppers with this amount, so save the extra for tomorrow's meal!)
1 cup finely chopped onions
1/2 cup finely chopped peppers (I used the excess from the tops of the peppers)
1 clove minced garlic
Parsley to taste
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground pepper
2 cups of cooked rice (I used white rice)
8 oz of tomato sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cut tops of peppers off and remove all the insides. In a large pot of boiling water, boil peppers for 2-3 min, lay on paper towels to dry.
3. In large skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onions and chopped peppers, cook until soft.
4. Add beef, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. Cook until meat is browned.
5. Add cooked rice and tomato sauce, mix well.
6. Pour just enough water in a baking dish to cover the bottom.
7. Stuff peppers with mixture and cook until tender and heated through, about 25-30 min.
8. Remove from the oven and immediately sprinkle with shredded cheese.