11111

Sunday, November 3, 2013

Pumpkin, Pumpkin, Pumpkin


As I have said before one of my favorite fall desserts is pumpkin chocolate chip muffins...mmmmm! But I had a problem... they do not have pumpkin puree at the grocery stores here. I thought all hope was lost. But then! I came across this recipe from the Pioneer Woman. You can make your own pumpkin puree! Who knew?
 
Pumpkin Puree
 
Ingredients:
2 small pumpkins
 
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
1. Cut pumpkin tops off. Then cut pumpkins in half.
2. Remove seeds from each pumpkin and as much of the stringy stuff as you can.
3. Cut each half into thirds and place pieces on a baking sheet.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 45 min.
5. Once pieces are cooked, remove the skin. It should peel off easily.
6. Place pieces a couple at a time either in food processor or blender and puree!




Pumpkin Puree looks kinda nasty, I know. But used as a key ingredient in desserts...delicious!

Pioneer woman suggest freezing what you do not use. So I did! With the pumpkins I had, it made about 2 cups of puree. So I used 1 cup for pumpkin chocolate chip muffins (I'll share that recipe next) and froze the other cup for later in a Ziploc bag!




SIGNATURE

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you!