11111

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

I love a simple chocolate chip cookie, and throw some oatmeal in there?? Yes, please.

This recipe was passed down to me from a friend and it is plain delicious. Perfect to wrap up to take to a neighbor or friend and perfect for your after dinner dessert.



Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients
1 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. soda
2 cup oatmeal
1 1/2 packages (12 oz. bags) of chocolate chips (whatever type/size you would like)
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans (optional)

Directions
Mix butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla together. In a separate bowl mix flour, salt and soda, then add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Fold in oatmeal and chocolate chips. Refrigerate for at least an hour or overnight. Bake at 365 degrees for 10 minutes.


I made these with my little siblings back in the states and then stuffed them in these Target dollar section bags closed with a sticker. Add in a mix of adult and kindergarten gold sharpie writing...and you've got the perfect little Thank You gift!



Enjoy!
SIGNATURE

3 comments:

  1. Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies are my fave!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy! These look delicious! I'll have to give them a try!

    Carly xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I always find myself throwing chocolate chips in my oatmeal, so this recipe is perfect! Thanks for sharing!:)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear from you!